With every roller massage comes an air compression massage. Air Compression squeezes areas all around the body to lessen pain in the joints and muscles. Compression therapy relieves pain because it targets the lymphatic system and this will help increase circulation.Poor circulation causes swelling which leads to pain in the first place. In a massage chair, in order to reach all of the right places, it is important to have air compression so the body can be held in place to prevent pain or injury.If it becomes uncomfortable, the air compression airbags can be adjusted or turned off entirely to accommodate everyone. In those great stretches, airbags are there too which push on the hips and shoulders while the rollers knead the back for that stretching effect.
BENEFITS OF AIR COMPRESSION:
- Increases Blood Circulation
- Promotes a healthy and safe massage in a massage chair
- Enhances Muscle recovery and how the body heals itself
- Decreases pain from varicose veins caused by chronic venous insufficiency
- Improving the lymphatic system for removing toxins from the body
- Helping to alleviate pain from swelling and inflammation
HOW AIR COMPRESSION MASSAGE IS PERFORMED:
Air compression is performed by inflating airbags or air cells which expand to apply a squeezing-like pressure. Air bags are usually placed around the shoulders, arms, calves, and feet. Special locations for air compression that not all chairs have is airbags located on the sides of the head and the waist. To learn more about which massage chairs use Air Compression, click HERE.